With a location at the crossroads with Europe, Asia and Africa, the country of Greece is one to explore. It is a country that is known for its intriguing history, exciting gastronomy, rich culture and unbelievable sceneries. Within the Mediterranean Basin, Greece has the longest coastline which stretches to a length of 13.676km. It features a large number of islands, of which 227 are inhabited. The climate in Greece is nothing scare of the typical Mediterranean climate which means long, hot and sunny summers. Having so many islands to discover, a luxury yacht charter in Greece is a great way to visit all the secluded islands and gulfs. Guests can visit the top destinations in Greece such as the: majestic Cyclades Islands, flawless Saronic Gulf and the breathtaking Ionian Islands. Greece is a gem in the Mediterranean Sea and can only be described as a country filled with: white-washed sandy beaches, crystal-clear waters, breathtaking coastal views and unforgettable sunsets. Greece is a Mediterranean yacht charter hotspot destination.
Find out more about Luxury Ionian charter and read our 7 days Ionian islands charter route.
Luxury yacht charter Cyclades are described in our 7 days Cyclades islands charter route.
- 131,957 square kilometers of which land area is 130,647 square kilometers and internal waters (lakes and rivers) account for 1,310 square kilometers
- Population: 10,768,477
- The majority of the population is Greek. The ethnic minorities include Macedonians, Albanians, Roma, Turks, Bulgarians, Pomaks,Romanians, Russians, Georgians and Armenians.
- Capital city: Athens (664,046)
- 11th longest coastline in the world with 13,676 km and its land boundary is 1,160 km.
- Greece features a vast number of islands, between 1,200 and 6,000, depending on the definition, 227 of which are inhabited. Crete is the largest and most popular island; Euboea is the second largest, followed by Lesbos and Rhodes.
- Official language and alphabet: Greek language and Greek alphabet.
The climate in Greece is primarily Mediterranean, featuring mild, wet winters and hot, dry summers and it occurs at all coastal locations, including Athens, the Cyclades, the Dodecanese, Crete, the Peloponnese, the Ionian Islands and parts of the central continental Greece region.
The average seaside temperature:
August 29 °C
January 10 °C
The average sea temperature:
August 25 °C
January 16 °C
Euro (€ EUR). Foreign currency can be exchanged in banks, currency exchange offices, post offices, travel agencies, hotels, marinas.